Monday 14 March 2016

March Madness (Younique Style)

Hey! March has been another busy month for me and the company! We had an amazing product launch on the first of the month and the internet went completely insane. We added self tanner (FINALLY), tinted lip balm, a new foundation brush, lash curler, liquid eyeliner to the line up. When Younique first started out, it was easy to see who the all star was (clearly the 3D Fiber Lashes because that's where it all began!) But now there are so many other fantastic players on the team that it's hard to make a firm decision on who the MVP is anymore! You see what I've done there? Yeah I totally ran with the whole 'March Madness' thing but I have to stop myself here or it'll get a bit tedious!

As for myself,  I have gone from 150 followers on Twitter to 400 in a week and a half which I honestly can't believe! I remember when I hit 75 followers two months ago and I was crazy excited. I never thought this whole online marketing thing would go so well or be so fun! I have put a lot of time into it because, after all, it is my very own business and I want to do well but I really have enjoyed every moment of it and the success that has come along for the ride. If you would have asked me a year ago when I first tried the Younique 3D Fiber Lashes if I would ever become a presenter, I would have said no. My previous venture in the world of direct sales was quite traumatizing but this has been the exact opposite.

It's still such a strange feeling when people I don't know come up to me and compliment me on my makeup. My makeup wasn't bad looking before but I think it's the change in self confidence along with even better makeup skills. That's what doing YouTube videos and taking selfies for a living does for you! And I can actually have full on conversations with these people and not feel like I want to be swallowed into the floor. So, where are my sales at? I am so glad you asked! As you know, the month of February didn't exist on my Younique radar because of university classes being insane! As of 6pm today I am only $95 away from hitting yellow. I'm 90% of the way there. And it was so random as well. Here I was hosting a facbook party and no one had messaged me about placing an order or anything. I just randomly went onto my website to look up some products for my mom and there it was. Just sitting in my orders list, all neat and tidy. That feeling definitely does not get old! It's surprisingly addictive, I must add. If you haven't had that feeling yet you are definitely missing out. It goes a little something like this, "oh yeah just minding my own business having dinner and I got PAID." That pretty much sums it up.

Now for everything else, I still love my team. They are literally the most phenomenal women and they're all together in one group, rocking their business and supporting one another. And I have yet to see any drama which is unheard of and very refreshing. So that covers the money, team..... hmmmmmm what else is there? Oh yes, the haters. I am pleased to say that I haven't come across any so far. I think people expect you to act a certain way-- spamming, being unbearably sales-y, etc--- and when you aren't like that they don't really know what to do with themselves. I'm still, as ever, on the hunt for cons but I've only come up with pros so far. I will keep you updated though! Ok well maybe one minor con, I want the makeup. All. Of. It. But I did before anyway so it's not really a huge change, only now I have a legitimate business reason to treat myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment